Saturday, September 12, 2009

Who's Theda...?

Recent arrivals to the shop include this vintage beauty salon sign. It's from the 60's or 70's. Someone told me they thought the location was in SE Portland near Woodstock Street. But no confirmation on that information. I just liked the idea of a huge "beauty salon" sign.... everything is just a "salon" these days. A "beauty" shop is very 'old school' and that appeals to me!

These two paintings are a recent find. Oil on canvasboard. From the 1920's and found in a local estate. Above is Mt. Hood and the Columbia River. Below is the Columbia Gorge with rocks and the river. Both of these have sold!

This cute metal vanity makes a great backdrop for vintage linens and knick-knacks. The pair of lamps are unusual.....they are glass with plastic molded shades.


After the 50's dinette set sold last week, I needed to place the Homer Laughlin dishes in a new spot. I found this dark wood shelf unit and I like the result of the move. Customers can now see everything very clearly and the colors show off nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment