Saturday, May 16, 2009

A date with Mary

I have a date with Mary Poppins! The national touring company of the Broadway hit musical "Mary Poppins" is launching the tour in Chicago.....and we've got tickets. I have wanted to see this show since it opened in New York in 2006. The lead actors from the original production are starring in this Chicago version. The show is amazing (I've heard) and I can't wait to finally see it.

Mary Poppins is probably the most memorable and favorite movie from my childhood. I'm excited to see what they do with it onstage. This production is huge with elaborate sets and costumes. The show is housed in the historic Cadillac Palace Theatre. It's over 80 years old and started out as a vaudeville and "circuit" theater. All of the big names (Garland, Crosby, Hope, Durante, many others) have performed there.



1 comment:

  1. Have you ever heard Marc Acito tell the story of seeing Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews) naked breast? I tried to find a link to send you...but no luck.
    I'll meet you at the PACS parking lot at 8:45 tomorrow.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete