Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hotel Adultery with Cass

I cheated on a hotel. Not "in a hotel".......on a hotel.
A few posts ago, I mentioned that we were staying at the Ohio House Motel in Chicago. That was the plan until this "pretty girl" caught my eye. I love the "Ohio House". It's always the best bet for cheap and clean rooms in Chicago. It's always booked and popular. People know it's a good deal and it's location is fantastic. But the Ohio House room rates stay current (no discounts, seasons, deals).
The sluggish economy has changed the hotel playing field a bit.
Hotels in Chicago are slashing rates for the Spring/Summer season. That's where "Hotel Cass" comes into play. Built in 1927, it was completely redone ($16 million) in 2007. It is one of the newest "hot" small hotels in Chicago. Premium bedding, fancy trims, high-tone lobby, and free hot breakfast every morning. Four blocks closer to Michigan Avenue (that's a good thing). And drumroll please.....$9.00 more a night!
They are featuring room rates about 50% cheaper than in 2008/2007.
After reading several good reviews, I booked a room here for our Chicago vacation. I do feel sad and naughty that I "cheated" on the Ohio House. But when I cancelled, the front desk was very cheerful. They know that my old room will be snatched up right away.


Hotel Cass.......sexy, fresh, and trendy. This hotel will be something different for us.
I will feel like a cast member of "Sex in the City".....!
All for $9.00 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment