Monday, August 24, 2009

Wheelin' and Dealin'

Last week was a whirlwind of 'wheelin and dealin'. I sold the cool vintage travel trailer to the first person that looked at it. Plus I had about 8-10 parties lined up that wanted it. I wish I had about 5 of these to sell!

We have been "re-doing" a bedroom in our house. We decided to ditch our old futon and replace it with a loveseat that looked more mid-century. I listed this very nice solid wood futon on Craiglist and sold it to the very first gal that looked at it! We had a little cash in our pockets.....so we ventured out to Ikea to look for a loveseat. I wanted something plain and kinda 1950's. We found this one but with the cover we wanted it was almost $500 bucks....dang it. The cheaper Ikea sofas and loveseats looked like bad dollhouse furniture.....so we decided to wait and maybe save up some $ and get the one we REALLY wanted. The next day I was cruising around on Craigslist and found this exact Ikea loveseat for one fourth of the price. It had a brown cover but that's ok since we would want to put a new cover on any "used" piece of furniture we got. I went out to look at the (amazingly fresh & clean) loveseat and before you can say "good deal"....it was in the back of the pickup. We bought a brand new retro nubby green cover.... and voila! A clean perfect new loveseat for $100 + our futon money. It even looks great with the tropical barkcloth pillows we were using in the "old room" decorating plan.
So how's that for a week of deals and finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment